Please find below links to activities to keep you busy and learning:
- Children ideally need to carry out their daily reading ideally for 15-20 minutes with “book talk” time to accompany this. There are lots of different questions to ask to promote discussion and check understanding - please have a look at the VIPERS document on the Reading page of our school website - http://www.dobwalls.cornwall.sch.uk/website/reading/440791
- If your child is accessing RWI please use the RWI learning page for ideas. Please ensure when reading the RWI books you are going over all the sounds at the front of the book, the red and green words, the comprehension questions at the back and the speedy words. The instructions for these sections are all clearly laid out in the books.
- Spellings. Each day children can practise their previous spellings from their RWI log books or the green words from their RWI reading books. They could then practise writing accurately 5 of the Year 1 and Year 2 Common Exception Words each day. Any words which are incorrect should be repeated the following day.
- Children could create a diary for the time in which they aren’t in school. These are unprecedented times so a diary would be a great way of them to record which is happening to reflect upon in months to come. In the diary you could write about what you have done that day and what has been your favourite or worst part and why. Think about your individual writing targets too as you write.
- Complete one of the activities each day from the attached grid. Which one will you choose to start with? Colour each one in when you’ve completed it and remember to bring your work back into school with you, we’d love to see it.
Weekly Updates from Mrs Thomas and Mrs Orchard
Use the activities below to ensure you are still learning at home. Remember, you also have the half term homework projects to complete. Further information of these are on the class page on this website. Please do email or dojo message class teachers.
Year Two Home Learning 28th September
- Home Learning Year 2 English for the week of 28th September
- Tortoise and Hare sequencing cards
- Tortoise and Hare puppet cards
- National Poetry Day
- Home learning 28.9.20 maths 1
- Home learning 28.9.20 maths 2
Year Two Home Learning 21st September
- Y2 Home Learning Maths 21st September
- Activity Sheet Pet Fact File
- Y2 Home Learning English for the week of 21st September
- Activity Sheet Noun Phrases
- Activity Sheet Expanded Noun Phrases
Year Two Home Learning 14th September
- 14th Sept Maths - tens and ones, numerals, words
- Maths - 14th Sept
- English objectives and Lion poem
- Word Class Sorting Activity With Illustrations
- Common exception word handwriting
A range of activities to inspire children to learn about British farming
Extra Activities to choose from:
- Easter Themed Basket Craft.pdf
- Year 2 Science Uses of Everyday Materials Learning from Home Activity Booklet.pdf
- Year 2 Science Plants Learning from Home Activity Booklet
Useful Web Links:
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - maths games used in school
Writing competition for 5-7 year olds
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ - phonics practice
Science / DT
Free STEM Activity Calendar (12 weeks of At-Home Learning)
- https://mommypoppins.com/kids/50-easy-science-experiments-for-kids-fun-educational-activities-using-household-stuff - science experiments at home
- https://www.freehomeschooldeals.com/free-printable-30-day-lego-challenge-instant-download/ - Lego challenges
Selection of different topics