Please find below links to activities to keep you busy and learning. Don't forget there is the half termly homework menu on the class page of the website.
- Children ideally need to carry out their daily reading ideally for 15-20 minutes with “book talk” time to accompany this. There are lots of different questions to ask to promote discussion and check understanding - please have a look at the VIPERS document on the Reading page of our school website - http://www.dobwalls.cornwall.sch.uk/website/reading/440791
- If your child is accessing RWI please use the RWI learning page for ideas. Please ensure when reading the RWI books you are going over all the sounds at the front of the book, the red and green words, the comprehension questions at the back and the speedy words. The instructions for these sections are all clearly laid out in the books.
- Spellings. Each day children can practise their previous spellings from their RWI log books or the green words from their RWI reading books. They could then practise writing accurately 5 of the Year 1 and Year 2 Common Exception Words each day. Any words which are incorrect should be repeated the following day.
- Children could create a diary for the time in which they aren’t in school. These are unprecedented times so a diary would be a great way of them to record which is happening to reflect upon in months to come. In the diary you could write about what you have done that day and what has been your favourite or worst part and why. Think about your individual writing targets too as you write.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - maths games used in school
Writing competition for 5-7 year olds
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ - phonics practice
Science / DT
Free STEM Activity Calendar (12 weeks of At-Home Learning)
- https://mommypoppins.com/kids/50-easy-science-experiments-for-kids-fun-educational-activities-using-household-stuff - science experiments at home
- https://www.freehomeschooldeals.com/free-printable-30-day-lego-challenge-instant-download/ - Lego challenges
Selection of different topics