Year 5 takes children into upper Key Stage Two. The exciting topics children learn about in Year 5 are:
- Earth and Space
- Film and Theatre
- Ancient Greece
The wide range of topics builds on the children's previous learning whilst also supports their continued learning. In Year 5, a range of exciting learning opportunities are used to enhance the learning including a murder mystery day, a theatre visit and workshop and more.
Last year, we were fortunate to have a visit from music specialist Mr Montgomery-Smith. He came for an hour for four weeks. A range of music skills and understanding were developed which resulted in creating a whole class piece of music titled the storm. The children used a mixture of both pitched and unpitched musical instruments. We hope he can come again!
- Overview Summer 1 Y5 Ancient Greece
- Summer 1 Y5 Homework Menu
- Icarus story to learn
- Icarus story map
- History - Ancient Greece - Summer 1
- Science - Living Things and Their Habitats - Summer 1
- RE - Christianity What Would Jesus Do? Summer 1
- DT - Coil Pots - Summer 1