Dobwalls Primary School Council
Facts about the pupils council
- The school council members wear yellow badges.
- They meet regularly.
- The Headteacher takes part in the meetings.
- The councilors discuss and make decisions about important issues in the school and then feed back to their class.
- There are two members of the school council from each class from Year Two upwards. They are voted in by the children.
- We change the representatives every year so that different children get a chance to be a school councilor.
- The School Council themselves vote who are the executive committee: chair, treasurer and secretary.
- The School Council have their own budget to plan and spend in the best way they choose.
The school council are helpful, nice and caring, they are considerate of others and good listeners. They try to make Dobwalls School the very best that it can be for everyone.
Children in Years 5 and 6 are also members of the Academy School Council which meet regularly to discuss issues both in school and across the Trust to help develop the best education for all. Everyone's opinion is valued.