Early Years Foundation Stage
with Mrs Grinsted and Mrs Smith
In the EYFS, we enjoy a wide range of activities across all the areas of learning. We have both a super space inside and outside for all our learning as well as access to the schools Wild Tribe Area. We will read lots of exciting stories and love to develop these into our play. Our role play area is always transforming into something different to play and explore in. There will be lots of excitement in our forest school sessions where we will be pond dipping and learning about natural resources and the outside.
Every week, we spend learning through play in our Wild Tribe area.
Planning and Information for Spring 2nd Half
Do keep your eye on Tapestry for lots of updates.
EYFS Planning Overviews
- EYFS overview for parents Autumn 1st half
- EYFS Overview for Parents Autumn 2nd half
- EYFS Overview for Parents Spring 1st half
- EYFS Overview for Parents Spring 2nd half
- EYFS Overview for Parents Summer 1st half
Developing vocabulary is so important for young children. For example, listening to stories, making up stories, retelling stories, acting out stories, learning new words and more.
Ask your child if they can retell one of the stories below. You could show them the pictures or prompt them with a few of the words from the texts here.
- Hansel and Gretel - story to learn
- The 3 Little Pigs - story to learn
- The 3 Little Pigs - story map of pictures
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar - story to learn
Learning to read at Dobwalls
See the below document for more information on how we begin to teach children to read. Please do support and encourage your children to read at home. Little and often makes a huge difference. Spend time reading and discussing stories with them as well as when they begin to use their sounds and recognise words.