Camel Class - Year 6
with Ms Ward and Mrs Mollard
In Year 6, we really enjoy spending time learning outside in our fantastic school grounds. We embrace Mr H's love of sport and so enjoy our weekly PE lessons on the school field as well as utilising the school running track.
We also enjoy reading, DT and completing a variety of science investigations. We regularly complete independent and group challenges set by Mr H involving a variety of equipment and resources, especially in maths, as well as enjoying being creative with our story and text writing.
Some of the year 6 topics we will focus on this year are: Armistice and the First World War, Mystic Maya, Wonderful World and You're Fired!
Please find further details about the learning for the half term and
suggested homework activities below:
- Year 6 Parent Curriculum Overview - Spring 1
- Year 6 Homework Menu - Spring 1
- Welcome to Chichén Itzá T4W Text
Look at our amazing homework based on our topic learning of World War One!
These provide the key knowledge we will be learning in our foundation topics this half term. It would be useful to look at these with you child and talk about them. You could have mini quizzes to see what they can remember, draw parts of them or they can create their own version. This will help the children to ensure they remember the knowledge fully.
Such pride and concentration in our brilliant writing.
Year 6 Planning Overviews
- Year 6 Parent Curriculum Overview - Autumn 1 First World War
- Year 6 Parent Curriculum Overview - Autumn 2 Dobwalls
- Year 6 Parent Curriculum Overview - Spring 1 Mystic Maya
- Year 6 Parent Curriculum Overview - Spring 2 Wonderful World
- Year 6 Parent Curriculum Overview - Summer 1 Healthy Body Healthy Mind
- Year 6 Parent Curriculum Overview - Summer 2 Goodbye My Friend